"Can't decide whether you were meant to cycle across the country or study tai chi in China? Use journaling, guided meditation or visualization to help uncover your dreams. Begin with these questions:
- What's your perfect day like?
- What excites you?
- What opens your heart?
- What's something you always wanted to do but never thought you could?
Once you've identified your heart's desires, start making it happen.
1. List incremental steps to fulfill your goal
2. Take one small step in that direction. Then another and another.
3. Incorporate bits of your dreams into your life. If you can't yet make it to India for that six-month yoga retreat, take the weekend intensive at your local studio.
4. Stay true to yourself. When doubts surface, journal or meditate to get back in touch with your inner voice.
5. Support yourself by seeking encouragement from people who have fulfilled their own dreams.
Written by Kripalu life coach Aruni Futuronsky. Published in the January/February 2011 "Experience Life"