Everyone who's reading this page has undoubtedly heard about "The Secret". This movie has received accolades and criticism continually. But, regardless of your opinion of it and its content, it did bring the Law of Attraction (and hopefully the other Universal Laws) to the attention of millions of people around the world.
Some have poo-poo'ed this entire concept. Some have tried to "apply" the Law of Attraction and have "failed" (their definition) and subsequently shunned it and it's philosophies.
But then there is the group of people (and it's a pretty large group) that has embraced the ideas expressed in "The Secret" and changed their way of life. This is what it's all about. It's not about what you do in a few minutes or a few hours of each day. It's how you live every moment of your life. And more importantly, it's about how you think and feel every moment of every day. You can create the life you want if you realize that your every thought and every feeling is manifested by the Universe and if you continue to think and feel in the same way every day, you will then materialize what it is you've been focusing on.
I'm sure that folks reading this blog think that I'm just a broken record because I repeatedly talk about changing your vibration and your focus and explaining that what you are focusing on is what will come into your life. But, it's true and I continue to try to give you different examples.
Using the word momentum is also intended to help you identify with something you've experienced previously. Look around you and see how things have gained momentum. Right now we're experiencing protesting and violence because of an event in the South. The event occurred and then some people got up in arms (I am not debating legitimacy) about what happened and started protesting. The opposite side (the police) felt they had to get harsh in dealing with the protesting. Then the protestors got more enraged and things followed suit. See how the momentum evolved in that scenario. One event filled with emotional content spread and allowed others to absorb the momentum and vibrations emanating from those most closely involved.
On the other hand, think of how contagious a smile is. You can be in the worst of all possible moods and someone smiles at you and gives you a pat on the back and your outlook and attitude (aka vibration and feelings) changes dramatically.
Will you take a few minutes and write down 10 SIMPLE ways you can change your life starting with either 1 a day or 1 a week depending on how difficult you think the things you wrote down are. Here's some examples and I'm sure you'll have lots more. The whole idea is to change you momentum even if it begins slowly.
- Smile at a stranger at least once every day
- Catch and stop yourself from complaining about something even if you just have to stop in mid-sentence
- Give a compliment to at least one person every day
- Write in your gratitude journal every day (or at least start today)
- Start your Book of Positive Aspects tonight and write 3 positive aspects about someone you're having problems with or don't like
- Say "You're welcome" instead of "no problem" - people don't realize how that is actually disrespectful. When I thank you for something you've done for me, I didn't think I was causing you any inconvenience. When you say "no problem" back to me, it's almost like I should have been able to do it myself but you're much better able to do it than I am. You can tell that's a pet peeve I have - sorry.
- Hold the door for someone even if you have to wait an extra minute
- Offer to help someone across the street or offer to carry something for them (this, I guess, would depend on where you live - you don't want people to think you're trying to rob them...LOL)
- Send a real letter to someone just to say "Hi"
- Write someone a thank you note even if it's a thank you for something in the past
- Give someone a word of encouragement especially if you see them struggling
You can come up with many more things than this - tell us below what you've thought of.