"As you look for a better-feeling way to approach whatever you are giving your attention to; as you continue to ask yourself from your ever-changing vantage point, "What is it that I do want?"... Eventually you will be standing in a very pleasing place—for you cannot continually ask yourself what it is that you do want without your point of attraction beginning to pivot in that direction. The process will be gradual, but your continued application of the process will yield wonderful results in only a few days." ~Abraham Excerpted from: Money and the Law of Attraction on August 31, 2008
This quote from Abraham is a good one for you to remember to focus on what you do want. It's the contrast vs clarity concept. If you're not feeling well, ask yourself what you DO want. Believe it or not, some people do not necessarily want to get better. There are advantages for them to say unwell. But the majority of people do want to be better.
- Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. On the left hand column put the word "contrast" and on the other column label it "clarity".
- Write down the things you're not happy with on the left hand side (contrast). Just list them for now.
- Once you're finished with listing the items under the Contrast side, you can dig deeper and list why you aren't happy with them. What are they keeping you from doing or feeling.
- Now that you've dug a bit deeper, move over to the "Clarity" side. Here's where you will have to take some time.
- Ask yourself what you want instead of the item on the left hand side
- Why do you want that ("so that I can......")
- What will be different in your life if you have what you do want.
***This may not be as easy as it appears. There are feelings and desires in this process. You really are going to examine why you want what you say you want. You may surprise yourself.
After you have listed the things you want on the right hand side you'll be able to make your affirmations and know what it is you want to concentrate on. This fits quite well with your script for the new year. If there is something in your script that you've now realized you need to change, go change your script. This is a valuable part of the creation of your new year, new life.
Try these steps. When you focus on what you do want, your vibration increases and you'll be able to tell the Universe what to work on for you.
Remember, the "better feeling way" too.. This means try to move up on the emotional scale. For example, anger is higher on the emotional scale than depression. It's not what one would think of when you say "better" feeling but it really is. Anger involves movement of energy inside you whereas depression doesn't. So, when you're angry, you can then work on moving up to another level even if you do so slowly. Always try to do something that feels better, no matter how slight.