Ten Ways to Go the Extra Mile
10 Ways to Go the Extra Mile and to Make the World a Better Place in Which to Live (Remember to Start With Yourself First!)
1. Think thoughts of peace. Turn these thoughts into actions toward others that become the peace you want to see in the world now.
2. Help where you see the need. Carry a package. Hold open a door. Read a book to a child. Compliment someone sincerely. Encourage someone verbally who is having a difficult time completing a project or task. Assume someone’s chores of duties for an hour or even a day.
3. Create a “to-do” list and prioritize the list. Most important items go on top. Actually do the first two
items first, and then revel in the sense of accomplishment. Your positive attitude will be contagious and “caught” by someone in need.
4. Thank someone today for the goodness they have contributed to your life. Do this in person, in writing, by phone, or by email, but do it!
5. Decide not to be rushed no matter how late you are running. Put yourself under grace and expect all things to work toward the good of all concerned.
6. Stash the stress. Stress is an abstract concept. It cannot be seen – only felt – and we create it with our mind. Tell yourself you are in a stress-free zone and will have none of it.
7. Smile even if you don’t feel like smiling. Smiling tells the endorphins in your body to elevate your mood. When you smile it is not a placebo effect that occurs, but the real thing. Smiling signals the brain to be happy and to show it.
8. Contribute to a good cause. You decide which one. Donate money, items, or your time, but take action. The Universe hates inactivity, and by taking action you are telling the Universe that you are alive and well and a participant in life.
9. Pray for yourself, another, or someone you do not even know. Bless all and pray for the highest good of everyone concerned - yourself included.
10. Notice a sunset, a flower, a bird, a creation of the Universe and remind yourself that all is good.