Help From Napoleon HillBy
It’s called “Demonstrating The Power of Your Faith” and I’m just going to list the steps he talks about in order to build your faith and your “PMA” (Positive Mental Attitude):
1) Adopt a definite major purpose and begin to attain it. This is what we’ve been working on for the past 5-6 weeks now.
2) Affirm the object of your desire through prayer, morning and night. See yourself already in possession of it. You will achieve precisely the success you can envision for yourself.
3) Associate as many as possible of the ten basic motives with your definite major purpose. Give yourself a compelling motive for doing what you want to do. Bring that motive into your mind frequently through the day. Here are the 10 basic motives toward action:
- Desire for life after death
- Freedom for mind and body
- Desire for recognition and self-expression
4) Write out a list of all the advantages of your definite major pupose and bring them into your mind as often as you can. This will make you success-conscious by the power of self-suggestion.
5) Associate with people who are like-minded.
6) Don’t let a day pass without making at least one definite move toward attaining your major purpose. This is what he calls persistent action. It is key to take action. You can’t sit around and think that your denials and affirmations will make your desire come to pass. It just doesn’t work that way.
7) Choose a “pacesetter”. Pick someone prosperous, self-reliant and successful and make up your mind not only to catch up with that person but to pass him or her by. Don’t tell anyone your goal (we’ve told you that many times).
8) Surround yourself with books, pictures, mottoes and other suggestive devices. Pick things that symbolize and reinforce achievement and self-reliance. Keep adding to your collection, move things around, always making it fresh in your mind. Keep a notebook or diary program around to write down things that inspire you.
9) Never run away from disagreeable circumstances. Fight them with all your resources.
10) Recognize that anything worth having has a definite price tag. The price of self-reliance is eternal vigilance in applying your faith.
Cloe the door of fear behind you and you will quickly see the door of faith open before you.
Write out (or print out) these ten steps and review them daily. Then put them all into practice. Each night you should review this list and see how you are doing with applying your faith!